So since we moved in we have been waiting to get our mail box key. We had to take our title documents down to the post office and they would check that we actually owned the house and then they give us our key. Sounds simple right? Not so much.
I went down the first Saturday we lived in the house (I don't have a car during the week since Brady's died on us). I waited in line for 45 minutes and then waited for another 20 while the guy at the counter looked for the key. He came back and told me they didn't have it yet and to come back in a week. Bummer. So I came back the following weekend. Another 30 minute wait...still don't have it. The third weekend (this past weekend) we decided to call first. They still don't have our key and then told us that the builder had yet to release it. Ummmm...right. Called the builder. They have no idea what USPS was talking about but said that they would look into it and to call back Monday. I called Tuesday and the builder tells me that they don't have keys to release since the post office is the one that installs our boxes and then mail themselves the keys to give to us home owners. Great. This is getting FUN now. So I call back the post office. The chick that answered the phone was great. When I asked about our key she immediately asks me if I live on Headrick. I say yes. She then explains that they are holding out mail at the post office since our box hasn't been installed yet (there is only one on the street and it only has 12 boxes in it...there are about 20 finished houses on the street...yeah didn't add up for me either and I suck at math). So once the box has been installed we will get a key. For now we have to get our mail at the post office. I asked if they were going to reimburse me for gas. She just laughed...I think she thought I was joking.
*Sigh*
2 comments:
Ah ... who needs mail anyway? lol It's way overrated. ;-)
Totally...I wish all my bills would just not have to be paid if I couldn't get to them cause I don't have a mail box! That would be sweet!
Post a Comment