Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rory is 4 months old!

Can you believe my baby is 4 months old already? I can't. I still can't believe that Cadence is going to be three in a month. Seems like just yesterday Cady was 4 months old. Where on earth is all the time going? We had a Dr.'s appointment today and Rory did great. She is growing very well, is VERY strong, and always watching everything. The Nurse Practitioner (her regular Dr. was sick today) was very impressed with her despite how tiny she is. And boy is she tiny! She weighed in at 11lbs 14oz (11th %), was 24 inches long (30th %) and is still in 0-3 month clothing.

Those of you who know my oldest know how weird this is for me. Cadence is (and always has been) ahead of the curve. She was born at a normal weight and proceeded to be above 97% until just recently her weight fell down the 75th. She continues to get taller and taller and taller with no sign of slowing down at all.

Rory is almost the exact opposite. She is growing well and is very healthy so there are no concerns there, but she is so tiny! Hands, feet, and head...every part of her is so petite. She is also a much calmer baby that Cady was. Cady is exuberant and forceful and gives 100% to every emotion she feels good and bad a like. In many ways she is just like me, quick to anger, quick to laugh, quick to cry. Rory is completely chill. She lets us know when she needs something but is otherwise content to sit around and watch everyone around her. Cady makes her smile and laugh a lot more often than Daddy or Mommy. Brady and I have to work pretty hard at it. She likes to talk, but only with her hands in her mouth. She is always happy in the morning and loves to cuddle at nap time. There is one thing that will make her really mad though...Formula. She HATES it. So I have been pumping like mad to get enough of a supply for when I go back to school in a couple of weeks.

What I love the best is that Cady and Rory love each other so much. They love to sit with each other and watch Cady's shows. Cady loves to help with her in any way and Rory never minds when Cady does funny things with her. It's like they are soul sisters. I will finish making lunch some days and Cady will be sitting next Rory's bouncer and they are holding hands making silly noises at each other. I LOVE that. I feel so lucky to be their mom!

Anyway, here are some pictures of Rory at 4 months and one of both of them!

1 comment:

Amylee said...

I cannot even tell you how SAD I am that I missed you guys at the Christmas party. I can't believe how teeny Rory is either! It's so interesting how kids are so different from one another. It makes me wonder how different this next little one will be in our family.
Good luck with the pumping thing. Will wouldn't take formula either.