I thought it was time for another comparison of my kids...what do you think?
This was Cadence at about 8 months....

I think they look like siblings but not to much the same. They have very similar facial structure though. And HUGE eyes. Rory's are still a really dark blue these days. In other news, our family is about to make a major life change. Some of you may know already that Brady's current job is floundering. He works hard and is very good at what he does, but he hasn't had a sale in several months and it has been really hard for us. We have been praying and looking into other job opportunities, but as you all know jobs have been scarce. I little over a month ago Brady asked me if he could meet with an Air Force Recruiter. This isn't the first time he has asked to do so either. He asked if he could meet with them way back when we were first married and I flat out told him no. This time I was reluctant and asked why? He gave me a run down of somethings and I agreed that we should look into it some more and see what happens. After much back and forth with several recruiters and scouring their website and, of course, praying and fasting several times we have decided that Brady should enlist. I am terrified and excited. They have told us it would probably be in September that he would go for training. I am terrified at the thought of him leaving. Training is 8 weeks long. We also realize that we could end up anywhere. Best case scenario is we can stay here and he will work at Nellis and we can still be close to family. Worst case is we end up in Korea or something...not that it would be ALL bad, but it is a world away from everything and everyone we know. There is a huge part of me that is looking forward to something new and exciting for Brady and our family. There is a smaller part of me that doesn't want anything to change. So wish us luck. I will keep everyone updated on the process.
7 comments:
My sister JUST graduated from air force boot camp. What job is Brady looking at taking?
Funny you ask. He just took their practice test down at the recruiting office and got a 99 out of 99...so they told him he would probably qualify to do anything he wanted with only a few exceptions (those being jobs that required further testing). We have a LONG old list of jobs to look through and see what he might be interested in. What does your sister do? I have a good friend who is a linguist and she LOVES it.
Kennedy,
I could not be more excited for you guys! What an amazing experience this will be for your family, I can promise you that. After over 6 years of military life and counting, just know you have a friend that is in your boat :) I wish you guys the best of luck! Brady will be an asset to whatever field he pursues :)
Lauren-
Thanks so much! Congrats on your wedding and your new little one! I am totally jealous that you live in HI. I am glad to know I know someone else who is in the same boat! Add me to your blog list kennedylantz@gmail.com I would love to be able to keep up with you guys!
KENNEDY!!!! Lauren just called me and told me to read your blog! Holy moly chicky...I had no idea! That is going to be exciting! I don't know what we are going to do if you guys go even further than vegas! VACATION!!!! well good luck and keep me updated. Does Brady want to do anything in healthcare? I have heard that they will pay for schooling and everything. With him being the brainiac that he is :) he could do really well. Are you guys leaning towards one thing or another on that list?
I think you should request to be stationed at Warner Robins Air Force Base in Georgia ... then we can see you guys more often. ;-) On a more serious note, I think you will grow so much closer as a family through this experience ... especially if you are stationed across the country. We have really enjoyed being "on our own". Such a blessing!
So I stalked you...sorry!!! You are on the RS blog so I was bored and started reading!
Hey - coming from one who has been married to a AF guy for a bit ;) I can offer my measily thoughts on the subject...
1. The AF is the place to be.
2. Deployments are a reality but there is money to be made during them. There will be days that you will tell yourself that you don't care - you would rather he just be home and that is true. In the end though, we have many, many things that are a blessing in the AF. The health care can be annoying but at least you are 100% covered and they will take care of you!!!! There are payoffs to being deployed...always remember that.
3. Remember - just becasue you pick a career field, don't get your heart set on it. The AF has a funny way of putting you where THEY want you and not always where you want to be. I am not saying that will be the case for you, just be prepared.
4. I am assuming you are going in as an officer? If your husband has finished his Bach. degree then that would be the case. If however you are going in as enlisted, let me know because there are enlistment bonuses and re-enlistment bonuses to be had. I can tell you all about our experiences with them.
5. You will meet amazing people and have amazing experiences! You will come to understand acroynmns and spout them off with the best of them!! Plus, you will always feel a part of something. Military families understand each other, they support each other, and they help each other.
I have always said that if you are LDS and in the military you are immediately surrounded by friends.
6. I am rambling!! Sorry..Hey - if you have questions - I am here. Good luck!!!
and I don't have a spell checker on this so ...sorry!!!
Post a Comment