Her name is Bonnie (I know...not what I would have chosen...). She is 4 years old and is a Chihuahua Mix. We aren't sure what she is mixed with since she is a bit longer than most Chihuahua's and has these crazy awesome spots all over. Her head and ears are a lovely rich brown and she has the sweetest face in the world. She is smart and I am pretty sure that she will be house broken soon (she was pad trained so she we are trying to teach her to let us know when she has to go...). Cady has been asking for a dog for sometime now, and she had some savings from birthday's past so my amazing other mother (Brady's wonderful mom, Suzi) took us down to the NSPCA to check out the doggies that they had. I really didn't want a puppy (way to much work), I wanted a small dog (as small as I could get really) and the dog needed to be good with the kids. We told the gals down there what we were looking for and out comes Bonnie! She started licking us all over and then jumped right into my lap. She let Cadence walk her around really easily and she didn't bark at us or the other dogs around her even when the rest of the dogs were going nuts. We asked Cadence if Bonnie was our dog and she said, "No, she is my dog." The small dog expert thought that was pretty funny. She warned us that the dog would probably want to sleep with someone and Cadence looked right at her and said, "Don't worry, I have a big bed!" It was a done deal from there. We signed the papers, paid the fee, and off we went to get the things that we needed for her to live with us!

I love her already. She sleeps all night with Cadence in her own cushy bed on Cady's bed, and we have only had two accidents so far! She loves to play tug and chase the girls around the kitchen. She is also big on cuddling up with people which Cady loves. She is always licking Rory's nose which makes Rory laugh and doesn't mind when Rory pulls her tail or lays on her/hugs her. The Shelter told us that she came in with a family who had a little girl about Rory's age. They were giving her up because she had been the grandma's dog and she had gone to hospice and recently passed away. Bonnie is very friendly and super sweet. She likes to go on walks and listens to most of my commands. She has been my little shadow for the last little bit and has finally settled in enough that if I leave a room she doesn't always follow. We love our little Bonnie and can't wait to grow old with her!
5 comments:
she is so cute!!
her face looks like she could have some terrier in her.. ya think?
Way cute! You finally turned over to the dark side! I can't wait to meet the little gal.
lol yes the dark side! lol... thank goodness Cadence is super interested in her dog so that I don't end up doing everything for her...but we will see how long that will last...
She is very cute! I bet it was so fun for Cadence to pick out her own Doggie.
Cute Doggie! Im jealous... I like the story, sweet dog, sad story, happy ending!
Post a Comment