Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where did we go?

I realize that I have been a slacker blog wise. I don't really have an excuse (well other than being a temporary single mom, three college classes, and preparing for our move half way across the country). I know plenty of other mom's who are just as busy as I am, if not more so, and so I am really trying not to complain about anything. But the truth is that I am tired. Really, really tired. I try not to show it much. I am usually one of those people that likes to go out and be busy and do things. Lately I don't even want to go outside when it is nice. I don't want to go room to room and make a list of things that we are taking or selling. I don't want to go grocery shopping. I don't even want to watch TV.

The odd thing is I'm not depressed about it. I just don't want to do anything. I suppose that is justifiable, but it is very not me. In defense I have only been feeling like this for about two weeks. Pretty much once we all finally got better after being sick for a month.

I'm starting to pull out of it a bit. Making lists again and getting the girls out of the house when it isn't nasty outside. But I still feel guilty. Like the last two weeks have been some kind of failure on my part. I know they were no such thing. It's not like I didn't do all the necessary things.

Everyone deserves to do nothing every now and then, right?

I hope so.

I think I will feel better after my little weekend trip to visit Brady in a couple of weeks. :o)

And I will have pictures of the girls in my next post. There is a lot to catch up on and I am determined to get things back to normal around here...

2 comments:

Megan said...

dont be too hard on yourself dude. you have had a TON going on. i admire you for doing what youre doing. i dont think i could. its been a long 5 months for you guys. you have every right to not want to do anything for a minute. and the girls wont know the difference. they have each other, and you and they get fed lol everything else is just extra fun. =) we miss you guys. hang in there. you've been awesome. give yourself some slack my friend. ::hugs::

Unknown said...

Oh Kenj! I have so been there! I suck as a firend that I am just now reading this and didn't call or anything! Girl call me when you are in a funk! I know talking to me may not help, but i am sure i will say something to get ya laughing since I am a huge dork like that! lol ;) I cannot wait to come down in June!!!!! Seriously so excited! Love you girl!!!