Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving and other things...

We had a great Thanksgiving here in Nebraska. Just our little family and it was more fun than I thought it would be. I missed the noise and bustle of the family get together, but I did find that I was very nice to have a weekend with no demands, no where to go, and to just enjoy our little family. On Friday we went and saw Tangled. It was very fun and really funny! Saturday Brady tried to put some Christmas lights up on the house. He neglected to check them first so half of them didn't work. We also found out that the outlets on the outside of our house do not work. Going have to get that fixed soon. I picked up some new lights and we will try again this weekend weather permitting. Brady gave a talk in church on sunday. It was wonderful and I am so glad that I decided to go since I hadn't been feeling well.

On other news, I had a Drs appointment today. Everything is going very well on the pregnancy front. Baby girl is very active and her heartbeat is strong and steady. I had the joy of having my glucose screen today as well. I'm not sure they could make that drink worse if they tried. I got lucky for the blood draw and the gal got a vein the first time, but she snagged some tissue before she got in the vein, so I have a really pretty lump and bruise. I was really glad that it was just one poke though. Normally it takes three or four in several different places. This woman was an angel and took me at my word that my hand was her best bet (considering that the last 17 or so times I have had to have either an IV or blood taken my right hand is the only place that has worked). The results came back just fine and I can now look forward to having my Rhogam shot in the next two days. :o) Oh the delights of being Rh negative with a Rh positive husband. This will be my 5th Rhogam shot and if this little girl tests for a positive blood type I will get number six after she is born. It's a pain, but I truly grateful for modern medicine. Without these shots I would have run the great risk of rejecting any babies born after Cadence. I so glad that isn't something I have to worry about.

Cadence's rash is officially gone. She is finishing up her antibiotics and thankfully it seems the rest of us have escaped whatever it is that she had. Her strep culture came back negative, but the Drs told us that it still could have been Scarlet Fever. I'm just glad it is gone!

I hope that everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving and that you are all looking forward to Christmas! Happy Holidays!

No comments: