Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Beckah!!

One year ago today I had the sweetest little girl.  Her birth was so easy.  I was laughing between pushes. 


She was darling.  Looked like her big sister Cadence and was so peaceful.  She was born, looked around, and then took a 5 hour nap.  lol 


Her sister's were so excited about her.  The fought over who could hold her and watch her sleep.  They couldn't wait until she was big enough to play.  


She got big way to fast. 


Watching her personality peek out was fun for me.  I was doing my best to soak up every last thing with her.  I felt like she was a gift just for me. 


And she kept growing much to fast!

 


And now she is one.



I cried a bit this morning when I woke up.  We aren't having a big family party like we have in the past.  I'm not really sad about that.  I think a quiet little party after dinner tonight will be just perfect. 

No. I cried because I feel like I'm going to miss out on so much important stuff with her because she has a brother coming in a few months.  There is so much to do in preparation for another baby and sometimes I am angry at having to worry about all of that because I still have a baby.  Then today I was reminded that she is growing up.  She won't be a baby much longer, but a big eyed little girl who will be more interested in what her sisters are up to than me.  I'm going to miss my last little baby girl.  

I am looking forward to watching her grow.  Watching her try her hardest to keep up with the big girls and seeing what her relationship with her brother will be like.  I am looking forward to more of her laughs, kisses and hugs. 

Happy Birthday Beckah!  We love you so!

1 comment:

Amanda J said...

It's not so bad! Nicholas and Lillian are 13 months apart and they are best friends!