Just this past week my grandfather passed away and yesterday was his funeral. My family was asked to provide the music and that meant so much to me. I sang "Goin' Home" to close out the service and managed to keep my tears in until after the closing prayer. I will miss my grandpa. He was a big bear of a man and he was always so sweet on his grand daughters. He was completely enamored with Cadence and could never get enough pictures. I am so glad that he was around to meet her. I am even more grateful that he and my grandma had finally made it to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity before he was too sick to manage it. I got to be there when they were sealed not only to each other, but to their parents and their children. It was a day I never expected to happen while they were alive and I can honestly say it was one of the best days of my life.
I'll miss you grandpa and don't worry we will take good care of grandma until she is once again at your side.
This past week has brought home to me how very important it is to stay connected with those we love. I hope that this blog will help keep our little family in touch with those of you we love so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment