Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cecily's Babyshower and Cadence and Avery

So much has happened in the last little while!  To start off, on the 10th we had my sister Cecily's baby shower!  I know some of you didn't know she was having a baby.  She is due to have a little boy (the very first boy in our immediate family!) around June 9th.  Her shower was AWESOME!  So many people showed up and she and the baby made out like bandits!  I can't wait to meet her son and see what a great mom she will be.  

Whitney and Avery flew out a couple of days before the shower and we had a great time hanging out.  I don't think Cadence left Avery's side unless one of them was sleeping!  She was such a big help and still asks when Avery is coming back to our house!  We took some pictures while they were here.  Much thanks to Whitney, Mom, Cecily, Cadence and Avery for going with me out to the JW Marriott to scout some places to take photos for my shoot on the 10th!  We had such a great time!


We also got to go up to Cedar City this past weekend.  Brady, Whitney,Cord, and Cord's brother's and sisters (some in-laws) all went paint balling!  They had a great time.  Cadence and I had a great time baby sitting Avery!  Cadence was once again a huge help.  Avery is teething and was a bit grumpy from time to time (who wouldn't be...I remember my wisdom teeth...not fun!).  I need to pick up some food stuffs at Walmart while everyone was gone, so I packed up both kids and went.  Both kids were being so very good.  Cadence was sitting in the basket with Avery in the seat.  We were getting a goodly amount of attention though...I think most people were trying to figure out how old Avery was and just how far along in my pregnancy I was.  Only one person actually asked me about it.  We managed to get everything we needed before Avery had a complete meltdown...lol...poor girl was hungry and tired.  We made it out of the store alive and I am happy to say that I think I will survive having two little girls out in public.  The weekend was great fun, but I am happy to be home.

Other than that things are going as usual for us.  We are waiting to hear more on our house.  I will drive over this week and get some pictures of the lot.  I hope to do that every week so we can keep track of the progress!  

I hope that everyone is having a happy May and that all you moms out there had a great Mother's Day!



5 comments:

Tiffani said...

I LOVE the pic of the 2 girls together. SOOOO cute. Good for you braving Walmart with both of them. I would have loved getting those looks and just laughing to myself.

Whitney said...

They r sooo cute! Oh i cant wait to see you all again!

Ryan said...

AWESOME HAT!!! That picture just makes me smile. Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Amanda J said...

The picture of the two girls is so cute! I have a new phone number. The one you have is hooked up to a fax now. I'll give you a call soon so you can put it in your phone!

Stefanie said...

So cute! That picture of Cadence and Avery looks like they could be sisters. Tell Cecliy June 7 is always a good day to have a baby ;o) and I want to see cute shower and belly pics of her.