Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rory's Stats


So Rory is still a little bean.  I thought she might make it to 14lbs at her check up, but she was only 13lbs 11 ounces.  That put her in the 10th percentile for weight.  She did jump up to 50th percentile for height as she was just shy of 26 inches.  Her head was perfectly normal as usual.  I knew that she was getting her two top teeth when we went in (BREAK THROUGH ALREADY! ahem sorry a little sleep deprived), but the Dr. found one more on the bottom right, next to her two on the bottom, that is coming up as well.  No wonder she has been so moody!  She is sitting up very well now and rolls all over the place.  She is super grabby so you have to watch what you are holding or standing next to.  She has finally gotten the hang of sitting on my hip as well, so my arms aren't quite as sore these days (I know, I know she weighs next to nothing, but darn if 13lbs in your arms all day doesn't make them sore!).  She still loves to bend over backwards a LOT.  One minute she is standing quite happily on your lap and the next she bends back into a perfect U shape.  She will hang there until you make her get up or her head starts to hurt.  So silly! She is also very quiet.  She doesn't babble at all, nope not one bit.  She shrieks when she is happy and chatty. Different vowel sounds, but always at a pitch that makes your ears ring. It's almost as if she knows she has to be loud to be heard over her big sister.  I am totally loving how active she is and that she likes to play so much now.  I am hoping that means I can get back to working out on a regular basis!  Wouldn't that be nice! 

5 comments:

Wynd said...

The girls are so adorable in there matching dresses! It is so great that you have kept track of all the little things.

Amylee said...

I am in love with those dresses! Rory is a teeny thing, and I'm sure she has to make herself heard with such a brilliant big sister paving the way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda J said...

I really love those dresses! They are adorable!