Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cadence and her lost teeth

Last week Cadence lost one of her top teeth.  She was eating a hotdog at school when it fell out and she is pretty sure she swallowed it.  They helped her look for it, but couldn't find anything.  So the Tooth Fairy got a note explaining the situation and she was kind enough to leave Cadence a really neat gold dollar coin!  


The last night I hear Cadence crying in their room after we had put them to bed.  Turns out her other front tooth came out when she was drinking out of her water bottle in bed.  There was some blood (I don't think it was quite ready to come out on it's own) but she said it didn't hurt.  


The Tooth Fairy made it (despite the short notice) and Cadence was super excited the next morning. 


No really.  She was very excited.


It still seems crazy to me that I have a kid old enough for losing teeth. 

In other news, Beckah and Bonnie are close friends.  Bonnie guards Beckah from sneak attacks by Rockstar (the kitty) and in return Beckah...er...mauls Bonnie.  I have no idea why Bonnie lets her do this, but she does and never makes a peep about it.  


Rory has been sick.  Poor girl.  Beckah has been too, but Rory seems to always get sick the worst.


She has adjusted to Cadence being at school very well. She often makes me "play" cards with her.  This usually consists of us dividing the cards up and then Rory makes up whatever rules she feels like.   It can be very fun.  



She is still my goofball, even when she is sick.  I have to admit that I don't mind all the extra cuddle time.  She has also getting really creative with her pretend play and it is super fun to listen to what she comes up with.  I say listen because if she catches me watching her she will get mad and tell me to leave her alone.


I love this age.  Except the mega tantrums. I could do without those. 


My Beckah-bean.  


She is just the sweetest thing in the world.  I am constantly kissing her cheeks and hands and feet. 



She is starting to get around.  If I put her down next to me in the living room it isn't long before she is on her belly pushing herself around in a circle, then rolling until she gets to where she wants.  I have watched her go from one end of the room to the other like this.  It's really rather impressive. 


She also broke a top tooth today!  It's a sharp little thing. 


She was grinning at Rory in the photo below.  This girl LOVES her sisters.  


She also loves her daddy.  She gets excited when he comes home and loves to sit and rub his fuzzy head.  It melts my heart.


Other than the sick girls things here have been pretty mellow.  Just keep on going on, you know?  To spice things up Uncle Kyle (Brady's younger brother) will be coming to visit!  We pick him up Saturday and he will be with us for a week!  We are super excited to see him and hang out.  


2 comments:

Amanda J said...

Seriously, you have the cutest girls ever! I love looking at the pictures you take of them!

Kennedy said...

Thanks Amanda! I think they are pretty special. :o) I'm glad that your sweet family is all at home now!