As some of you may have guessed already, this was not planned. At all.
So lets go back to Beckah turning four months old.
*******Disclaimer!!! I am about to talk about female things. Not in great, gory detail, but I know some of the guys out there freak out if the word 'period' is mentioned in a 30 foot radius of their person. Consider yourself warned!********
Beckah turned four months and annoying Aunt Flo decides it's time to make a come back. As you can imagine I was less than thrilled. I was, in fact, down right surly about it. Not only was she back I was now getting ovulation pain. It was so bad that I had to take a prescription Motrin left over from Beckah's birth to go about my day in a regular fashion. The only good news in all this was that I knew exactly when it was possible for me to get pregnant (something we didn't want to do any time soon) and my new visits from Aunt Flo were insanely regular. Every thirty days on the nose for 3 months.
During this time, Brady and I had been considering the possibility that we might be done having kids. My pregnancy with Beckah was so incredibly awful that we were both hesitant to go there again. Plus Beckah really is an angel of a baby. We were starting to think maybe we should be ending on a great note, you know. There was still a part of me that really did want another one, though, so I told Brady that we should wait and talk about it in another year and see how we both feel. That would give me a year to take stock of my feelings, either way, and I would have time to be sure of my decision.
I dropped an egg on either the 11th or 12th of October (small biology lesson for those who don't know, sperm can live for about 5-7 days and a woman's egg is only good for a day maybe a day and a half max. So you have to be careful around the time of ovulation for a couple of days in either direction since the sperm can hang out for a bit, ready to pounce on the egg the second they make it into the fallopian tube...now back to your regularly scheduled story time). Aunt Flo was supposed to rear her ugly head on the 23rd of October.
Nothing.
I was a bit surprised considering how regular things had been for the last three months, but I am still breastfeeding Beckah every three hours and in the world of breastfeeding there are no real rules. It was entirely possible for my body to have just decided not to have a period anymore. I looked it up online and everything. And since Brady and I are always super careful about things like this it never even crossed my mind that I might have been pregnant.
So I give it some more time. By Halloween I was starting to have some concerns, but I was also having mild cramping. Any day now, right?
By Thursday the third I decided to get a test. I figured I'd pee on the stick and then I could finally get Aunt Flo to commit. It had worked before.
So after putting Beckah to bed I head to the bathroom. Pee on stick. Change into P.J.'s and head back.
Oh no. Oh no no no no no. I shook the stick. It's still there. That's when I started to cry.
Yeah. I cried.
It was too soon. We were smart and careful!!! I was thinking back to when it had to have happened and there wasn't any obvious cause for concern. Maybe the test is wrong.
I took the offending stick to Brady. He took one look, his eyes got huge, and he asked me if it was a joke. Nope. I cried some more.
Brady hugged me and said, "Honey, lets have a baby." It was probably one of the best things he could have said.
We talked about when it must have happened and when baby would be due and needing a new car. We are hoping I won't be as sick as last time.
I did pee on another stick the next morning to be sure. That one said pregnant too.
I wish I would have taken a video of when we told the girls. Cadence's face was priceless and they are so excited. Rory will just randomly hug me and tell me that she is so glad I am pregnant again. They have made me excited too.
There are plans to make and stress ahead, but we will make do. While unexpected, this baby is most certainly wanted.
So here again is our new family tree, with my due date! :o) The girls helped me do finger print leaves. It was so much fun!


7 comments:
Oh my gosh, Kennedy...this post is so hilarious! It seems that this new baby of yours was as ready to come down to your family as ours was. Haha. I too was breast feeding when I got pregnant, and it happened the ONE time we didn't use protection. I guess sometimes Heavenly Father has a plan for us that we, ourselves, had no clue about. After all, He knows best, right? Hehe. I am so happy for you guys! And am excited that we get to be pregnant together! :) ((Hugs))
Thanks Shannon! It is super fun to have pregnancy buddies to commiserate with! :o) Time for some more faith in the Lord that everything will work out like He needs it too! :o)
CONGRATULATIONS!! Sorry it was unexpected. (That is overwhelming and scary, I am sure!) But I am happy for your family! Really, four is awesome! I hope that you are not sick much.
You are a great mom! This will be wonderful! Congrats again!
Lots of love,
Danielle
P.S. Don't feel bad about getting rid of the dog. I would!! Especially with being pregnant on top of it all. It's too much and you don't need it. Anything that makes your life easier is worth it. Even if that means eating pizza or sandwiches or cereal for dinners a couple times a week or getting rid of a dog! ;-)
NO way! Congrats. I hope you are adjusting to the idea now, and really REALLY hope you don't feel that sick. I sick always wish I had a surprise pregnancy because then I'd know that for SURE heavenly father wanted me to have that baby...and have that baby then. I hate when the decision is up to me. I'm so glad your girls are excited. Congrats girl!
I think the family tree is the cutest thing I've ever seen. In fact, I may have to copy you- ONE DAY :). Sometimes surprises are good because they help us realize our true feelings. Plus, maybe there will actually be a Lantz to carry on the family name, but I wouldn't keep your fingers crossed! Congratulations.
That is such a great story! I had a similar experience with my last pregnancy including a random pregnancy test and tears (6 weeks along). Now we have beautiful Siana!
P.S. I think it would be so cute if you have another girl. You guys make really cute girls. :)
I am just going to say ditto to your story. That's how our second came, and he is still the most impatient in a hurry love we have~ And I am sooo thankful for him everyday! Congrats!
Post a Comment