Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rory's Birthday Party!

Rory had an awesome Birthday!  She always asks for the craziest stuff for her party.  This year it was a polar bear cake.  Polar bears are her favorite thing right now.  I'm glad that she told me a month before her party that she wanted the polar bear because finding something to copy wasn't easy.  Not that many polar bear cakes out there that were cute.  But I finally found one!  I thought it would be harder than it was.  Pretty much I cooked the cake in a Pyrex bowl to make the head and used a few cupcakes to make the nose and paws.  Then all I had to do was dirty ice it and put on the fondant.  I did build up parts of it with frosting to be just the right shape I wanted.  Rory was super happy with how it turned out!


We had lots of snack type foods, our sprinklers set up in the yard since it was hot out, and of course a pinata.  Rory loves a pinata. LOL






We had such a great time with everyone who came to celebrate with us!  

No comments: