Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rory is 11 months old!

Again with the crying for pictures. She loves my camera! No really she loves it when she gets to look at the screen in the back! But the second I try and get her in FRONT of the lens she HATES it. Crazy baby.

She is 11 months old! One more month and she will be 1 year old. I honestly don't know how I feel about that. She is so little still that it feels impossible for her to be 1 in September. She is almost walking. I think once she walks the baby illusion will be shattered for good. She will officially be a toddler, bringing an end to baby days for the Rorapotamus. I look forward to her walking, though. She wants to be on the floor all the time now and if she was walking it would be so much easier. I would happy to let her wander at Wal-Mart if she was walking (well within reason!). Soon though! Soon she will be doing her best imitation of a drunken sailor and a whole new world of trouble will follow. :o)

Megan and I are planning a double first birthday for Rory and Aidric. Since Rory is on September 2nd and Aidric will be 1 on September 30th we thought it would be fun for them to celebrate together! Megan has taken over much of the planning for now (only fair I think since this is her first time planning a first birthday party and she has excellent taste) and I am finishing up on the invites. I will post them on here after they get mailed. I am hoping to get one more picture session in with both kids before I print them so that the pictures are as recent as can possibly be. I am so excited for them to have a party together! It may be the last party they attend together for a while seeing as we probably won't be living here next year and Ryan and Meg will probably end up in Cedar for School.

The only really good 11 month pictures of Rory were the ones with Cady in them. They are very close now and I love it!


Cadence had her hair cut again a couple of nights ago. Her Aunt Heather is a wonder with scissors and hair. I love Cady's hair short! I think it is the perfect frame for her expressive face. It is also A TON easier to keep tidy. Cadence doesn't like a fuss about her hair, so it is nice to just wet it down and comb it every morning and poof! Pretty hair! Thanks Heather! You totally rock!


Today also marks the end of a goal for me! Two weeks ago I started reading the Harry Potter books and I finished the last one today! I LOVE them. I started reading them once a long time ago (back when there were only three out) and got bored waiting for the fourth one to come out. I started another book series and never got back into the Harry Potter books. When the most recent movie came out I rented all the previous movies from the library and Brady and I watched them all. After seeing the "Half-blood Prince" in the theater I decided that I was going to read all the books, cause the books are ALWAYS better. I wasn't disappointed. They were totally better than the movies (which is saying a lot since the movies are really good too). Now that I am done I have no idea what to do with myself! :o) I'm sure that I will find something soon! Any book recommendations?

Also, I am totally coping my sis-in-law, Megan. I started a 365 Project blog! You can visit it at http://explodingpony.blogspot.com or by clicking the link in my list of favorite sites on the sidebar. :o) Hope you don't mind Meegs! I think it is a great idea and I really want to challenge myself to take more pictures of things around me. Plus it will make me pick up my camera everyday. :o)

1 comment:

Megan said...

of course not! i think everyone should do it at least once. =D i hope you have fun with it! oh and we will prolly come down this weekend so we can get some more pics of the babes together! yaay! ill tell you all the details of what i have for the party so far when i see you! lovies <3