Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm so excited!!

The Sunday before last they split our ward!  It was a much needed thing since we had close to 800 people attending every week.  Yes...it was insane.  Relief Society would be so packed some weeks that you couldn't even get in the door and if you had a kid with you forget about it.  Gospel Doctrine this past week was standing room only and it is held in the second half of the cultural hall (so it was half a basketball court big).  We had two full classes of every age in Primary and they had to call a Third Counselor to the Primary so they could manage.  Cadence was in one of FOUR nurseries.  Her class consisted of 13 kids and there was another nursery class of kids Cady's age (also 13 kids big) and ALL 26 of them would have been going into Sunbeams next year.  It was craziness.  

So they split us!  And they did it in such a way that Providence and the Old Ward (from the days before The Providence Master Plan Association existed)  were divided pretty evenly between both Wards.  We are now in the new Providence Ward (as are my parents!!) and so are several of Cady's little friends (the ones she knows by name anyway).  The only little friend that she LOVES that she won't be in class with anymore is Branson (Krystal she was very upset when I told her he was going to be in a different class!  I mean who wouldn't miss that cute little face every week?  I know I will!)  

The best news is I already have a calling!!! Finally!!  I haven't had one in over a year!  I was officially called as the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency for our ward!  I was so excited!  I have been in Primary callings since I got out of Young Women's 8 years ago, so I am totally excited to learn something new!  From what I hear we have some awesome Young Women in our ward and I can't wait to get started!  

I am sure Brady will have a calling here soon as well.  They haven't filled every position everywhere yet but they did manage to get four presidencies in place (Primary, Relief Society, Young Women's and Young Men's...looks like they wanted to make sure all the kids, youth, and...well the rest of the ward were organized!  lol)  

The only kind of crazy part in all this is that Mutual is Thursday nights and I have no car then. I know we can figure out rides and everything, but I will have both my kids with me and that can be daunting to some people.  I am hoping to get my bike fixed or exchanged so I can just ride to the church with the girls in the trailer.  We will see!  :o) 

2 comments:

Ms. Boedee said...

You are right about the split being NEEDED!!! But I am sad that you are going with the other ward...just when I figured out who you were and was looking forward to getting to know you better! But I am so happy for your YW calling! And, can I add you as a blogging friend? Keep us posted on the AF thing! We are always here if you have questions!

Stefanie said...

Holy Cow that's a big ward! We have that many on our roster but we only have about 100 that show up. I'm so excited you're in YW you will love it and I know the girls will love you and lean a lot from you too.